If you want to feel motivated to workout, find a routine that you like. It’s easier to fire up your ambition and get the most out of exercise when you find the best workout for YOU. Years ago I found this great workout on Pinterest called “She’s Got Legs”. However, as the title indicates it was a workout that was aimed primarily at toning your legs. I really liked it, but I wanted to tone my entire body. So rather than looking for a different workout I revamped my favorite one and made it into a total body strengthening routine. It now gives your body the best workout all over and it can be done anywhere with just a set of weights and a mat or towel.
Getting Ready to Work It
The original leg toning routine consists of different leg exercises in high reps counting back from 100 by tens. 100, 90, 80, 70….you get the picture. To make it a total body workout I add a set of light weights and arm moves to go with each leg exercise. Find a set of 3-pound, 4-pound, or 5-pound weights depending on your level of fitness. Always remember you can set the weights down if you start to lose form and continue on doing the movements without them. It’s better to have good form and less weight than bad form and possibly hurting yourself in the process.
Lay down an exercise mat if you have one (this is preferable). If you don’t have one, a towel will do but tends to slip more.
She’s Got Body
I like to begin this workout with 20 minutes of cardio, this is optional, but it loosens and warms up my muscles. Some options for cardio are:
- Elliptical Machine
- Biking (motion or stationary)
- Stair Climbing or Stair Mill
After squeezing in some cardio (if you chose to do so), you are ready to jump right into your totally toning workout.
100 squats with upright row
90 Alternating lunges with bicep curl
80 Mountain Climbers
70 Sumo squats with bicep curl
60 Calf raises with lateral arm raise
50 Bridges with chest press
40 Curtsy lunges with triceps pull back
30 Bench step ups with over head press
20 Squat jumps
Complete your workout with a 5 minute stretch to cool down. Then, get hydrated by drinking water, or an after workout mix with BCAAs to help your muscles recover and rebuild leaner and stronger. I use AMPED Recover from Isagenix. However, this BCAA mix can be easily ordered from Amazon and is a good option.
Some Extra Tips
- Get a water bottle you totally love. It’s easier to stay hydrated that way. I found this super shaker bottle and it has been my most favorite. I’ve carried it around so much people would see it sitting somewhere and know I was there 😉
- For an extra burn you can do this workout 2 or 3 times through but be prepared to feel the after math in the following days. The phrase “hurts so good” comes to mind. Go on, I dare ya!
- Know that this workout is doing your body so much good, and just by completing it you are making yourself and your fitness a priority, which is ultimately THE most important thing you can do.
- You can find an entire 28 days of workouts in one of my previous posts if you want some more great ideas. This workout included!